Grade Level Reading and Family Success Grants from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County’s provide funding for organizations whose programs and services align with the Community Foundation's Campaign for Grade Level Reading areas of focus.
Grant proposals are accepted on an invitation only, rolling basis from organizations that focus their efforts on closing the achievement gap, helping students achieve reading proficiency by 3rd grade and/or implementing programs that are whole-family focused. One-year and multi-year projects will be considered.
The purpose of the Community Foundation's Education Grant Program is to fund projects that strengthen and innovate in the following areas:
- School Readiness: Helping young children and their families prepare for school and succeed in kindergarten.
- Summer Learning: Providing student learning that reduces the risk of learning loss during the summer months.
- Family Engagement/Success: Helping parents develop a sense of confidence and efficacy that they can set and attain goals for their children and themselves.
To be eligible for a grant from the Community Foundation, an organization must have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
If you are interested in applying for a GLR or Family Success grant, please fill out and submit an overview of your project for review.
Project overviews will be reviewed regularly by our staff. We will contact you directly if you have been selected to submit a formal application for grant funds.
Campaign for Grade-Level Reading (Sarasota)
Learn how our work incorporates a two-generation approach, engaging both children and parents living with low-incomes simultaneously to ensure families have the necessary support and encouragement to be successful.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
August 6, 2020
Great Futures Academy: Restoring a Sense of Safety through Education
July 13, 2020
E-Tutoring: High School Volunteers & Elementary Students
July 10, 2020
Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County, Community Foundation of Sarasota County come together to help youth avoid the “COVID slide”
July 7, 2020
2020 Great Futures Academy Summer Program
July 2, 2020
The Florida Center Receives $100,000 in Grants to Help Vulnerable Families
June 30, 2020
Teen Court of Sarasota Receives a $25,000 Matching Grant from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County
June 12, 2020