The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is pleased to help share stories of the important work undertaken on serious issues by our nonprofit partners, donors, and community members. Sharing stories of impact helps the community understand the needs of our region and encourages a community-wide culture of philanthropy.
All press releases and materials must be approved prior to distribution. For review, please coordinate with Hunter Carpenter, Manager of Communications and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must acknowledge that the Community Foundation of Sarasota County – and, if specified, the fund from which your grant was provided – funded your organization.
- Example: Funding [for this project/program/event] provided [or provided in part] by the [Fund Name] of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Use the proper, full name, “Community Foundation of Sarasota County” on first reference. In running text, it is acceptable to use “Community Foundation” on subsequent references.
- Do not use abbreviations for the Community Foundation’s name.
- Include the Community Foundation’s boilerplate language in press releases.
- About the Community Foundation of Sarasota County: The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is a public charity founded in 1979 by the Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council as a resource for caring individuals and the causes they support, enabling them to make a charitable impact on the community. With assets of $421 million in more than 1,500 charitable funds, the Community Foundation awarded grants and scholarships totaling $48.9 million dollars last year in the areas of education, the arts, health and human services, civic engagement, animal welfare and the environment. Since its founding, the Community Foundation has been able to grant more than $323 million to area nonprofit organizations to our community thanks to the generosity of charitable individuals, families, and businesses. For more information, visit www.CFSarasota.org or call (941) 955-3000.
- Brochures, flyers, announcements or other printed/electronic materials supporting your project or program must bear our logo.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and shall always be large enough to be legible and readily recognizable. The logo may be used in black and white, or the official Community Foundation blue.
- Placement of our logo for promotional materials of a signature event tor annual program is acceptable on materials including programs, banners, T-shirts, plaques, etc.
- Tag Community Foundation of Sarasota County in social media posts when acknowledging support or promoting success of your program or event.
- Social Tags:
- Facebook: @communityfoundationsarasotacounty
- Twitter: @cfsarasota
- Instagram: @cfsarasota
- Hashtags: #BeTheOne
CFCS Brand Guidelines
Press Release Template