Become a Scholarship Committee Volunteer
Partnering to open opportunities and realize possibilities for students across our community.
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is excited to partner with volunteers from our community to review scholarship applications which allows us to determine our scholarship awards each year.
- 18 years of age or older
- Reside in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto County
- Must not have received a scholarship from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County within the last year
- Neither you nor your immediate family members will be eligible to apply for a scholarship from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County while you are actively serving as a Scholarship Committee member
- Must have computer access and the ability to use a computer
- Complete our Scholarship Committee Resume Form
- Attend a Scholarship Committee Orientation or meet one-on-one with our Scholarships Team to be trained on the committee review system
- Approximately 8-10 hours reviewing and providing feedback on scholarship applications through our online committee review system.