Financial Advisor Program
Mixing business and philanthropy is a wise investment.
Establishing a charitable fund at the Community Foundation of Sarasota County is a practical recommendation for a financial advisor to help his/her clients achieve their charitable goals. Financial advisors may continue their customized investment management of their clients’ charitable assets that exceed $250,000.
The Community Foundation’s Financial Advisor Program is advantageous for all parties by creating an enduring and positive impact on your clients' charitable causes. Benefits to the financial advisors include:
- Retaining management of a clients' charitable assets at his or her financial institution.
- Continuing to manage a clients' assets with an agreed-upon fee schedule.
- Converting non-managed client assets – such as real estate, closely-held interests in business, and personal property – into charitable assets that the financial advisor will manage.
- Offering clients a value-added service by connecting them to the Community Foundation, which has deep-rooted knowledge of community needs and nonprofit capacity.
The Financial Advisor Program particularly benefits your clients who:
- Plan to sell a closely-held business.
- Have high capital gains tax exposure.
- Are in a “transition” phase of life, such as empty nest or retirement, or are involved in estate planning.
- Want to grow their charitable contributions tax-free over time.
- Want a charitable deduction now with the flexibility to make grants in the future.
- Have a family foundation and wish to use a donor advised fund for their mandatory annual 5% distribution.
- Have a desire to give back to their community and leave a legacy for future generations.
- Enjoy meeting like-minded donors at philanthropic education sessions offered at the Community Foundation.
The Financial Advisor Program requires financial advisors to adhere to the Community Foundation’s Investment Policy Statement and professional and industry standards in managing charitable donor funds.
Chief Financial Officer