Join the Legacy Society
Each one of us has the potential to impact a person, a cause, a community. Be the one to make a difference.
The Legacy Society of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County was founded to recognize friends and benefactors who have chosen the foundation to implement their estate plans. Too often, these gifts are unrecognized because they are made at the end of a donor’s life. The Legacy Society provides a means to recognize and thank donors throughout their lifetime.
To become a member of the Legacy Society, the foundation requires only a statement of establishment or intent to leave a gift in one's estate plan. No documentation, amount, or type of gift is required. If they choose to do so, members may remain anonymous.
As a Legacy Society Member:
- You are recognized in the Legacy Society Luncheon Program.
- During the Legacy Luncheon, you will be identified as a Legacy Society member.
- You have full access to all donor services offered by the Community Foundation.
- You are included in events exclusively for Legacy Society members.
- You may retain your anonymity as a member of The Legacy Society, if desired.
To speak with a Philanthropy representative about the Legacy Society, please call 941-955-3000. Confidential consultation on estate planning with Community Foundation staff or board experts is always available.