The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is pleased to provide funding to numerous organizations and causes, and we want to share stories of the important work undertaken on serious issues by our nonprofit partners. By sharing stories of impact, nonprofits help the community understand the needs of our region and encourage a community-wide culture of philanthropy.
Gifts provided on behalf of our donors through the Community Foundation of Sarasota County should be acknowledged in a variety of ways through different organization’s communications, including press releases, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, flyers, social media posts, videos, and other materials.
All press releases and materials must be approved prior to distribution. Please coordinate review with Hunter Carpenter, Manager of Communications and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recognize the Community Foundation of Sarasota County, and the fund from which your grant was provided. Example: Funding [for this project/program/event] provided [or provided in part] by the [Fund Name] of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County.
- Use the proper, full name, “Community Foundation of Sarasota County” on first reference. In running text, it is acceptable to use “Community Foundation” on subsequent references.
- Do not use abbreviations for the Community Foundation’s name.
- Include the Community Foundation’s boilerplate language in press releases.
- About the Community Foundation of Sarasota County: The Community Foundation of Sarasota County is a public charity founded in 1979 by the Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council as a resource for caring individuals and the causes they support, enabling them to make a charitable impact on the community. With assets of $418 million in more than 1,500 charitable funds, the Community Foundation awarded grants and scholarships totaling $21.5 million dollars last year in the areas of education, the arts, health and human services, civic engagement, animal welfare and the environment. Since its founding, the Community Foundation has been able to grant more than $274 million to area nonprofit organizations to our community thanks to the generosity of charitable individuals, families, and businesses. For more information, visit www.CFSarasota.org or call (941) 955-3000.
- Brochures, flyers, announcements or other printed/electronic materials supporting your project or program must bear our logo.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and shall always be large enough to be legible and readily recognizable. The logo may be used in black and white, or the official Community Foundation blue.
- Placement of our logo for promotional materials of a signature event or annual program is acceptable on materials including programs, banners, T-shirts, plaques, etc.
- Tag Community Foundation of Sarasota County in social media posts when acknowledging support or promoting success of your program or event.
- Social Tags:
- Facebook: @communityfoundationsarasotacounty
- Twitter: @cfsarasota
- Instagram: @cfsarasota
As part of your grant funding, we request a story or anecdote about the positive impact of your program and, specifically, how the funding contributed to your organization’s work and success. Acceptable items include, but are not limited to:
- Photos (1–2, high-resolution 300 dpi). Include captions, along with names of those pictured.
- Video illustrating a program
- Publicity generated from or for your organization, including
- Links to News coverage
- Self-generated social media links or Blog posts
- E-newsletter links or copies
- Annual report or other donor engagement materials
- Notes of thanks from those served
CFCS Brand Guidelines