“We believe the strength of our community stems from its diversity and only together can we address issues and create opportunities so every person can achieve their full potential. For several years, we have invested in communities of great need to address systemic issues based in poverty that affect health, education, and access to an equitable community. Though we have made considerable progress, our work is far from over – it is beginning anew.”
- Nelle Miller, Chair of the Board of Directors, and Roxie Jerde, President & CEO
Equity and Access Grants ($5,000 - $30,000) support projects that promote equity and access to services amongst populations who face systemic barriers in our community. These grants are a standing opportunity for the Community Foundation to partner with organizations who are implementing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion framework to their programs, staff, and missions.
Priority is given to proposals that promote educational and health care equity to those populations who face systemic barriers in our community, for example:
- geographically underserved neighborhoods
- communities of color, immigrants, and refugees
- persons with disabilities
- LGBTQ+ communities
- Single mothers
- other under-represented populations
Organizations may receive up to $30,000 through the Equity and Access Grant program within a 365 day period.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity.
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto.
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed on the following dates:
- December 1, 2020
- April 1, 2021
Applications that are reviewed within each cycle will be notified of a decision by the end of the month.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
March 17, 2021
Suncoast Black Arts Collaborative Panel | Diversity in Arts & Media
February 1, 2021
Paths of Possibilities
January 28, 2021
Forty Carrots Receives Grant to Help Fund Program for Incarcerated Parents
January 28, 2021
Family Promise of South Sarasota County - Bridge Housing Program
January 14, 2021
Teen Court receives Equity & Access Grant
January 11, 2021
Community Foundation of Sarasota County Awards Five Grants Promoting Equity and Access for Underrepresented, Geographically Underserved Communities
January 2, 2021