Animal Welfare Grants ($10,000 - $50,000) support organizations that serve domestic animals and promote their humane care in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto Counties. This competitive grant opportunity for organizations that work with animals is available primarily through support from the following funds:
Robert Parker Fund - To benefit domestic animals and promote their humane care. Support is available for projects serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto counties.
Helen C. Schwieder Fund - To support the care and maintenance of all animals located in Sarasota County, Florida that have not been placed in homes, farms, or ranches but are under the care and supervision of agencies in Sarasota County that hold these animals pending placement. The fund shall be used to pay for such items as veterinarian expenses, medicines, food, and rehabilitative care. Support is exclusively available for projects serving Sarasota County.
This program focuses on supporting organizations in the animal welfare sector in the following ways:
- Funding veterinary treatment for animals, with priority given those programs that provide emergency medical funds for urgent cases or extraordinary medical needs.
- Supporting volunteer program development, including but not limited to the growth of foster programs and supplies to support those programs
The total amount of grant funds available in this grant cycle is $100,000. Individual funding requests must fall between $10,000 and $50,000. Partial funding of requests may be available based on the quality and quantity of applications received.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee including local animal welfare experts.
This application is open as of January 26, 2021. The deadline is midnight on March 5, 2021.
Applicants can expect to be notified of their status by April 16, 2021.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings