Animal Welfare Grants (up to $25,000) support organizations that serve animals and promote their humane care in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto Counties.
This application will open on Nov. 1 and close on Dec. 15. Applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January 2024.
This program focuses on supporting organizations in the animal welfare sector in the following ways:
Funding emergency veterinary treatment for urgent cases or extraordinary medical needs.
- Supporting large equipment purchases, such as X-ray machines, for a clinic or surgical equipment.
Organizations can request up to $25,000 through this grant cycle. Partial funding of requests may be available based on the quality and quantity of applications received.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity.
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto.
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee including local animal welfare experts.
This application will open on Nov. 1, 2023, and close on Dec. 15, 2023.
Applicants will be notified of their status by the end of January 2024.
Please join us for an information session for Animal Welfare Grants.
11:30 a.m. | November 7, 2023
You can also learn more by visiting the video link below, a recording of our last Animal Welfare Grants workshop.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
February 13, 2023
Community Foundation of Sarasota County Awards Nearly $200,000 supporting Animal Welfare
December 9, 2022
Animal Welfare Grants Strengthen Ability to Respond to Dire Pet Needs
February 23, 2022
Community Foundation of Sarasota County Awards More than $161,000 in Animal Welfare Grants
December 2, 2021
Manatee County bird sanctuary receives $10,00 grant to make room for more feathered friends
November 24, 2021
New Grant Will Boost Local Sarasota Animal Shelter
November 15, 2021
More Happy Tails from the Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
August 17, 2021
Happy Tails from the Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
July 14, 2021
Friends of Manatee County Animal Services awarded $10,000 grant
June 1, 2021
Medical Service Beyond Routine Needs | Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
May 17, 2021