Animal Welfare Grants ($10,000 - $50,000) support organizations that serve animals and promote their humane care in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto Counties. This competitive grant cycle primarily supports emergency medical needs for animals and volunteer program development or growth.
This program focuses on supporting organizations in the animal welfare sector in the following ways:
Funding emergency veterinary treatment for urgent cases or extraordinary medical needs, with a focus on this type of care for domestic animals.
- Supporting volunteer program development, including but not limited to the growth of foster programs and supplies to support those programs.
Individual funding requests must fall between $10,000 and $50,000. Partial funding of requests may be available based on the quality and quantity of applications received.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee including local animal welfare experts.
This application opened on October 5, 2021 and closed on December 17, 2021.
Applicants will be notified of their status by mid-February, 2022.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
February 23, 2022
Community Foundation of Sarasota County Awards More than $161,000 in Animal Welfare Grants
December 2, 2021
Manatee County bird sanctuary receives $10,00 grant to make room for more feathered friends
November 24, 2021
New Grant Will Boost Local Sarasota Animal Shelter
November 15, 2021
More Happy Tails from the Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
August 17, 2021
Happy Tails from the Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
July 14, 2021
Friends of Manatee County Animal Services awarded $10,000 grant
June 1, 2021
Medical Service Beyond Routine Needs | Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
May 17, 2021
Satchel's Last Resort | Grant Supports Emergency Medical Fund
May 7, 2021
Venice Cat Coalition Receives $12,000 Animal Welfare Grant
May 1, 2021