To encourage a commitment to ensuring the parent perspective and expertise to inform program and organization development, this initiative aims to recognize and promote lived expertise in our community by including a Parent Leadership focus in our grantmaking. Nonprofit organizations can apply for grants to enhance and include the parent perspective and lived expertise in their program and organizational design.
An average grant award through this cycle is $2,500 - $7,500.
Including the voices of the people you serve, and a commitment to listening to the voices and recommendations of families, are a key components of the 2Gen Approach. We anticipate funding to go towards equitable compensation, childcare costs, food costs, or other resources that both empower parent/caregiver participation in your organization and adequately respect their contributions.
This grant program focuses on organizations that promote and implement parent expertise; this might look like one of the following:
- Adding a parent to the Board of Directors to guide the organization’s strategic vision
- Creating a Parent Advisory Council (PAC) to receive strategic feedback
- Offering intentional leadership development workshops to caregivers
- Gathering caregiver feedback on program development and implementation
- Incorporating parent/family experiences into staff trainings
- Other avenues that allow organizations to learn directly from the community they serve to improve their services and outcomes
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties
- This grant is open to organizations whose mission’s benefit and serve families
This application will open March 1, 2024.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings