It's hard to believe the year is almost over, and we're so moved by the outpouring of generosity that has characterized 2022. In a year of many needs, this community has risen to the challenge to help our community respond to needs that have arisen and rebound from challenging events. The time has arrived for year-end giving, and we want to ensure our donors get all their charitable donations recorded in this calendar year. To facilitate, here are some important deadlines that will help you navigate your end-of-year giving with ease.
Gifting Charitable Assets and Deadlines:
- Credit card contributions should be made by Saturday, December 31, 2022.
- Checks sent via U.S. Postal Service must be postmarked on or before Saturday, December 31, 2022.
- Checks sent via FedEx must be physically received at our office on or before Wednesday, December 28, 2022.
- IRA rollover checks must be received no later than Monday, December 26, 2022.
Gifts related to investments should be coordinated through our CFO, Erin Jones, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 941-556-7144 or Director of Accounting, Julie Avins via email email@example.com or phone 941-556-7136.
- Publicly traded stock gifts must be initiated by Friday, December 23, 2022.
- Mutual fund share gifts must be initiated by Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
IRA’s, real estate gifts and assignments of business interests should be coordinated through General Counsel, Betsy Pennewill, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 941-556-7152. Qualified appraisals will be required for all non-cash gifts of $5,000 or more.