Requests for support for events and/or public programs not meeting other grant opportunities are considered on an ongoing basis through this application.
These requests should represent the diversity of our region and uphold and promote activities that ensure accessibility for all.
They should also bring awareness to community needs and opportunities as well as demonstrate our area’s culture of philanthropy and strive to connect people with causes.
The Community Foundation of Sarasota County seeks to support programs and/or events that bring our community closer together by creating a dynamic environment of belonging.
We review strategic partnership opportunities to ensure the geography of our region is fairly represented and reflect the interests of our donors alongside the needs of the community.
We do not sponsor festivals, runs/walks, or golf tournaments.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
This opportunity is available in three cycles:
- Cycle 1: Application opens August 1, 2021 and closes August 31, 2021. Organizations will be notified of their application status in mid-September. This cycle has closed.
- Cycle 2: Application opens October 1, 2021 and closes October 31, 2021. Organizations will be notified of their application status in mid-November.
- Cycle 3: Application opens February 1, 2022 and closes February 28, 2022. Organizations will be notified of their application status in mid-March.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
July 22, 2021
Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe | 2021 Stage of Discovery summer camp
June 8, 2021
The Hermitage Greenfield Prize: Artists, Impact, and Legacy
April 6, 2021
Robots, Collections, and Healing Connections at The Ringling
March 25, 2021
Serving Food for the Spirit al Fresco with the Sarasota Orchestra
January 22, 2021
Asolo Rep Receives Strategic Partnership Grant for 2020-21 Season
December 22, 2020
Strategic partnership to support Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe
December 7, 2020
WBTT Documentary to Premiere on WEDU
September 16, 2020