Health Care Grants ($10,000 - $50,000) support organizations providing direct health care assistance to worthy individuals. This program is exclusively for services in Sarasota County.
The Health Care Grant from the Community Foundation of Sarasota County is available primarily through support from the following fund:
James Franklin Warnell & Dorothy J. Warnell Fund - To support those not-for-profit organizations providing health care services in Sarasota County, Florida to provide direct assistance to worthy individuals.
This program focuses on supporting organizations in the healthcare sector through the following types of projects:
- Projects that increase access and use of health care services for vulnerable populations, including but not limited to populations of color, immigrants, persons with disabilities, and single mothers.
- Projects that provide treatment for mental health needs, with a focus on mental health for families and children
The total amount of grant funds available in this grant cycle is $100,000. Individual funding requests must fall between $10,000 and $50,000. Partial funding of requests may be available based on the quality and quantity of applications received.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in Sarasota County
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee including local healthcare experts.
This application will open on March 30, 2021. The deadline is midnight on May 7, 2021.
Applicants can expect to be notified of their status by June 11, 2021.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
August 19, 2020
Expanding Medical Care at Sarasota Medical Pregnancy Center
August 6, 2020
Forty Carrots Family Center Receives Mental Health Services Grant
July 22, 2020
Aviva | Supporting COVID-19 Testing for Staff, Keeping Campus Safe
June 22, 2020