Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) are the fastest growing charitable vehicle to offer clients. They’re easy to establish, offer flexibility as to timing to make grants, and the donor immediately receives an income tax deduction at the time of contribution to the DAF. Many organizations offer DAFs – community foundations, commercial investment firms and banks, colleges and universities, and mission-based organizations.
Your clients have many options. So why choose the Community Foundation of Sarasota County?
- Local Impact and Knowledge: Founded by the Southwest Florida Estate Planning Council more than 40 years ago, CFSC has worked in collaboration with professional advisors and their clients with an unparalleled focus and expertise on local needs, nonprofits, and community initiatives.
- Personalized Service and Community Connections: With extensive networks and partnerships within our community, we work hand-in-hand with donors to connect them with other donors, nonprofits and community leaders, facilitating collaboration and collective impact.
- Expertise in Philanthropic Investment Planning: CFSC partners with donors to hone their philanthropic goals, review the impact and outcomes they wish to make, and define grantmaking priorities to strategically develop effective philanthropic investments during their lifetime, as well as after death via legacy plans.
- Grantmaking Expertise: We offer an extensive range of grant programs and initiatives tailored to address local needs and provide customized assistance in identifying and stewarding grant opportunities that align with your client’s mission. Managing more than 1500 funds and $500 million in charitable assets, we have an experienced staff with significant philanthropic knowledge to ensure effective grantmaking strategies for local and national organizations.
- Advisors May Keep Assets Under Management: We realize that trusted advisors provide customized investment strategies that extend to their client’s charitable assets. Donors may request that their advisor continue to manage the funds at a minimum account size of $250,000, allowing assets to stay with the advisor team, with specific investment policy and administrative guidelines from CFSC.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss specific client scenarios where we can add value to their charitable goals.