Scholarship funds provide opportunities for students - traditional and adult learners - along the West Coast of Florida to attend any accredited college, university or technical school. These funds are diverse, fulfilling the wishes of donors, both living and deceased, who want to provide needed financial support to promising scholars.
The Community Foundation considers adult learners to be students who are 24 years of age or older by December 31, 2019. Scholarships are not restricted to four-year universities; we consider higher education to be college, vocational or technical school, accredited courses of study for cosmetology, health care, etc. You are eligible for the foundation’s adult learner scholarship program if you are currently attending or enrolling in an accredited college or vocational school, are a current resident of Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto County, and will be 24 years of age or older by December 31, 2019.
Adult Learner Student: Available Now
* 2019 SNAC - BSN and Beyond Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship Fund: (Due: Mar. 1, 2019) - [Apply Here Today]
Adult Learner Student: Coming Spring 2019
* Adult Learner General Scholarship Program - [Available Mar. 1, 2019]
You can get started on your application now by collecting the required documentation. The attachments will be able to be uploaded as PDF versions within the online application. Please [click here] for a listing of the required documents.
- Official college transcript if you are now enrolled or have previously been enrolled within the last five years.
- Copy of student's resume.
- Student Aid Report. After submitting your completed FASFA, you will receive a S.A.R.. This is a very important document.
- One letter of reference. Letter of reference should include: Name of letter writer; First and Last Name of the applicant whom the letter is written about; How long he/she has known the applicant and in what context; and a description of the applicant's character, achievements, and ability to set realistic and attainable goals.
- Copy of student's financial aid package or financial aid rejection letter. (if available)
Available Adult Learner Scholarship Funds:
(The following funding opportunities are awarded through the general adult learner application.)