Animal Welfare Grants ($10,000 - $50,000) support organizations that serve domestic animals and promote their humane care in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto Counties. This competitive grant cycle primarily supports emergency medical needs for animals and volunteer program development or growth.
This program focuses on supporting organizations in the animal welfare sector in the following ways:
- Funding veterinary treatment for animals, with priority given those programs that provide emergency medical funds for urgent cases or extraordinary medical needs.
- Supporting volunteer program development, including but not limited to the growth of foster programs and supplies to support those programs
Individual funding requests must fall between $10,000 and $50,000. Partial funding of requests may be available based on the quality and quantity of applications received.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee including local animal welfare experts.
This application will open on October 5, 2021 and close on December 17, 2021.
Applicants will be notified of their status by mid-February, 2022.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
August 17, 2021
Happy Tails from the Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
July 14, 2021
Friends of Manatee County Animal Services awarded $10,000 grant
June 1, 2021
Medical Service Beyond Routine Needs | Humane Society at Lakewood Ranch
May 17, 2021
Satchel's Last Resort | Grant Supports Emergency Medical Fund
May 7, 2021
Venice Cat Coalition Receives $12,000 Animal Welfare Grant
May 1, 2021
Fostering A More Humane Community, One Paw at a Time
April 26, 2021
Community Foundation of Sarasota County Awards $203,000 in Grants Promoting Animal Welfare
March 1, 2021
Venice Cat Coalition Saves Lives, Overcomes COVID-19 Shutdowns
February 17, 2021
A Survivor & Her Dog: SPARCC's Animal Welfare Impact
July 30, 2020