When the Community Foundation’s deep knowledge of community needs intersects with the passion of our donors, the result is impact for a better community. In partnership with donors who believe they can be the one to make a difference, and numerous other community organizations, the Community Foundation focuses on the following areas:
Helping the At-Risk
- Season of Sharing: a 17-year campaign that seeks to prevent homelessness by providing targeted financial assistance, primarily for mortgage/rent and utilities.
- Student Emergency Fund: providing funds for principals and teachers to allocate to needy children for one-time, immediate assistance needs.
Multi-project, multi-partner efforts include programs such as:
- Any Given Child: providing arts integration for students in K-8, with a focus on low-income students.
- EdExploreSRQ: offering access to experiential learning opportunities for students in K-12.
- Campaign for Grade Level Reading: focusing on literacy efforts to ensure students are reading at the third-grade level by the end of third grade.
- Alta Vista Elementary School: programming to move both students and parents of this economically-challenged community forward.
Two-Generational Approach to Poverty
Inspired by the work of Ascend at the Aspen Institute, this approach posits that a powerful way to help struggling families move beyond poverty is through a "two-generation" strategy, which addresses the needs of and opportunities for parents and children together. Click here to learn more about our two-generation approach.
Matching funds from generous donors are available to incentivize community support for many of these programs. For more information, please contact our Development and Donor Relations department at (941) 955-3000 or DonorServices@cfsarasota.org.