Grants focus on increasing an organization's capacity in the following ways:
- Fundraising: purchasing a donor database or other CRM tool, hiring a fundraising consultant, or developing online giving
- Leadership: board development, professional development, or strategic planning
- Communication: website redevelopment or communications plan development
- Evaluation: impact measurement or program tracking
- Emergency Needs: unexpected expenses for which an organization was unable to prepare
Organizations may receive up to $10,000 through this grant cycle within a 365-day period.
In order to receive a grant through this program, organizations must also have:
- An IRS Letter of Determination that shows the organization is a 501(c)3 public charity
- At least one current program with local impact in one of the following counties: Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, or DeSoto
- An approved/current profile in The Giving Partner, a powerful, searchable online database with over 700 profiles of charitable organizations serving Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, and DeSoto counties
Application reviews begin Aug. 1, Oct. 1, Dec.1, March 1, and May 1. Applicants who have submitted an application prior to these dates will be notified of their status by the end of the month.
If your request is extremely time-sensitive, please email us details at email@example.com and one of our team members will get in touch.
If you missed our workshop on how to apply for grants less than $10,000, please view this video for more information.
- Press Release
- Podcasts / Audio Recordings
Please reference our Press Kit to help draft your message and coordinate review with Rebecca Abrahamson, Senior Manager of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for examples? Check out the Stories of Impact below shared by our Community Impact Grantees.
December 15, 2021
Van Wezel Foundation Awarded Grant from Community Foundation of Sarasota County
July 12, 2021
Learn My History Foundation - Youth Empowerment & Success
February 10, 2021
World of Chucko Receives Grant for Humor for Health Program
January 8, 2021
Learn My History Foundation Empowers Younger Generations
October 5, 2020
Lighthouse Vision Loss Education Center | Remote Learning for Individuals with Vision Loss
September 28, 2020
Mothers Helping Mothers receives $10,000 grant for new cribs
September 15, 2020
Artificial reefs offer mangrove-like nursery habitat. supported by Community Impact Grant
May 14, 2020
Key Chorale receives Community Impact Grant from Community Foundation of Sarasota County
November 26, 2019
Harvey Milk Festival Launches #WeSupport Campaign
November 14, 2019