What Rebekah Does at the Foundation
Rebekah helps coordinate the Foundation’s Two-Generation
initiative. She enjoys working on this research-backed and data-driven approach that serves children and their parents together. Rebekah primarily works with the Principal and staff at Sarasota’s Gocio Elementary School to develop programs that support the school’s students and parents. This includes providing food and household assistance, dental care, mental health care, parenting education, continuing career education, English classes, school volunteers, and more. When she taught middle-school students, Rebekah always wished she could do more for them and their parents. She loves that she is now able to support whole families on their path to economic security and educational success. Her favorite part of her job is seeing how proud parents’ little ones are of them at graduation.
When Rebekah’s Not Working
In her spare time, Rebekah can be found exploring Sarasota’s beautiful parks and beaches. She loves reading and engaging with new ideas, so please send her your book recommendations! She also enjoys spending time with friends and family, getting to know strangers, cooking and baking, and playing with her puppy.
- This is Rebekah’s third time working at CFSC! She interned here in 8th and 12th grade, and joined as an Initiative Consultant in January 2017
- Grew up in Sarasota and graduated from Riverview High School (go Rams!)
- Graduated from Boston University where she studied economics, sociology, education, and English literature
- Has the same birthday (and appetite) as the Cookie Monster
- Her goal this year is to learn Spanish